Get a Tour or Instruction
The Digital Media Commons provides space, technology, and expertise to faculty, staff, and students who are creating multimedia assignments. We provide group and individual instruction on using digital technology, based on our patrons' needs. Interested in a tour or help with a class?
Here are several examples of the services we provide:
Workshops we offer:
- Tour / Overview –
- Introduction to the DMC and the tools and services we provide, usually with a scavenger hunt orientation tour followed by quick review and Q/A. (15 minutes, in DMC)
- Can also add a short overview presentation with examples of possible projects and software, if project option for students is very open, general or undetermined by instructor yet. (5 minutes, in DMC)
- Can also add small group facilitated sessions for student to discuss ideas for their projects. (10 minutes, in DMC)
- Video Editing –
- Hands-on instruction in a computer lab, review Movie Maker and/or Adobe Premiere Elements software basics. (30 minutes, in computer lab)
- Audio Editing –
- Assistance with digital storytelling, interviewing, and voice-over narration which are audio only, using the software Audacity. Session can be an demo in a classroom or DMC, or a hands-on session either at open computers in the DMC or in a computer lab. (10 minutes for demo - 20 minutes for hands-on).
- Basic Websites / Eportfolios –
- Instruction and assistance creating web objects either for a basic website, or an eportfolio. Hands-on student creation time. (15-30 minutes, in computer lab).
- Text / Image (Infographics, poster, flyer, etc) –
- Assistance producing infographics (either through infographic free software OR using Photoshop), posters, or flyers/brochures through hands-on session with students. (20-30 minutes, in computer lab)
- 3D Printer Tour / Demo –
- Introduction to our 3D printers. (20-30 minutes, in DMC).
- Presentations –
- Assistance producing PowerPoints and Prezi presentations through hands-on session with students. (20-30 minutes, in computer lab).
Interested in a tour or help with a class?
Please fill out this form and we will get right back to you.